Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Surprise!

My name is Trevor. I'm 27 years old. I have a good job. I exercise frequently. I don't eat McDonalds or Taco Bell. I just ran my second marathon a few weeks ago and improved my personal time by almost 15 minutes. Oh and one more thing: I was just diagnosed with cancer - lymphoma to be more precise. I wasn't expecting to hear that I had a big old tumor in my stomach when I went to see my doctor for a routine checkup in mid-October, but that's the news I received. The past few weeks have consisted of a whole lot of scrambling to make appointments, hours upon hours in waiting rooms and on doctors' tables, countless scans and biopsies and a whole lot of anxiety and uncertainty about what the heck this thing growing in my stomach actually is.

Fortunately, I now know that I do not have a little baby growing in my lower abdomen; rather, a nasty "gray zone" lymphoma has decided to set up shop in my body. I have now joined the ranks of the millions of others across the US who are also undergoing their own personal battles with cancer. While my battle will not be easy, I am now ready to focus all of my energy on kicking my unwanted visitor to the curb for good. I never thought I'd be blogging about anything, but I figure it'll provide a convenient space for documenting my experiences and sharing with others. Hopefully in 4-5 months there won't be a need for any more posts. First chemo treatment scheduled for this Thursday, so here we go. Fighters ready...

2 comments:

  1. Hey Trevor - we'll be cheering for you as you beat this. Let us know if there is anything that we can do. Also congrats on the marathon time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Gina! I saw your comment about Dr. Uduehi’s medication concerning Fibroid sometime ago and you were right, I tried it and it worked like magic for me. It was like hell living with FIBROID all this years until now, no more pains, bleeding and no miscarriage and I would've come with my testimony before now but I have to wait for a couple of months to see if it will regrow again but there's still no sign of fibroid, I also went to the hospital for test and still i was tested negative. All thanks to Dr. Uduehi and to you too Gina. And for anyone out there who wish to try can reach the doctor through: (+2347084878384) uduehiherbalcare@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete